Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Laws of Simplicity

This book has been on my list of books to read since it was published. I've been a bit of a slacker, and finally finished reading it today! The Laws of Simplicity by John Maeda is one of the best books I've read in a while.

I normally hate text books, or anything that preaches endlessly like a text book does. This book preaches, but it's very practical industry like preaching that actually makes sense and can be enforced. The focus of the book is, like the title suggests, simplicity, as it applies to design, technology, business and life.

I highly recommend this book to anyone in a product development role or an innovation based environment, or looking to enter it. I am just getting into a product development role, and I know the Laws of Simplicity will be a good guide. I wish I had this book as a text book in college, as it would have brought in a different and conflicting perspective to all those innovation and product development classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home