Monday, January 15, 2007

Digital Signage on Highways

I was on highway 101 going south towards San Jose, which is my daily commute going back home from work in Menlo Park. I was approaching the East Palo Alto exit, better known as the IKEA exit, and I saw a digital signage billboard that made me crack up. The message read "This page cannot be displayed", the exact kind that shows up in a browser. Ok, so it's really not that funny, but I was laughing thinking of how much money was involved in that- most billboards /digital signage costs are based on the number of eyeballs it catches. So, at 5:15 pm, there were a lot of people driving by that, and I'm sure it wasn't as amusing for them, but all that money spent for nothing was kinda funny.

I do that drive everyday, to work and back, and I've never noticed the ads on them, I know there are ads- but have never remembered a single one- except for when the "page could not be displayed". That's a little ironic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home